Shadow Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO SHADOW TWILIGHT

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The shard of the Nexus.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Riel

Riel

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-31

The shard of the Nexus. Empty
PostSubject: The shard of the Nexus.   The shard of the Nexus. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:25 pm

There it laid, the giant disruption called the rift, the mirror and pathway between the worlds. The barren wastelands stretching on for miles into the world of Targon, it was here under the dark sky that the apocalypse took place centuries ago, the very apocalypse that created the rift and left the land in the state that it is in now, dead and corrupted. It was in the middle of the rift, some kilometers from the actual pathway that a pair of mercenaries were making their way through the wastelands, talking loudly and gesturing with periodical laughter. Suddenly the air some meters in front of them began to mirage and disrupt, and out of thin air a creature suddenly appeared, a green aura slowly fading away from him. The group of mercenaries halted and looked upon this person…

Riel looked up into the sky, the two suns sending down their rays to scorch this already barren land. The sun was something that Riel always enjoyed feeling against his skin, there were no existing suns inside the Aion Veil. He moves his metal gloved hand up to his face to slowly brush one of his fringes away from his face. He stood there in the sun for a moment then he looked to the side at the mercenaries, some of them held their hands on their swords, yet the leader didn’t seem to be as phased as his followers. “Yer ai’ rift traveler aren’t ya?” he said loud enough for Riel to hear it, Riel turned to the man and nodded “I am no foe if that is what you ask.” With this simple quite friendly toned word it seemed like the mercenaries relaxed and they made their way closer to him. “Neve’ seen one as you, wha’ are ye exactly?” The leader was a Truan, which where accompanied by four other Truans. “The exiled Primeval” and with that said he began making his way through the desert, his goal being a ruined small city some kilometers from his current position. The mercenaries made no attempt to stop this figure; rather they began making their own way towards the rift a little quicker.

Riel had heard from sources inside the Veil that this city might contain a piece of Nexus, these glasslike gems are said to be able to store chaotic energy inside itself. Such a artifact would be a great asset to Riel’s studies, it would also allow him to walk outside of the veil for a extended amount of time without having to kill other creatures to feed on them, it was also said these gems held powerful properties to them.

Idly his right hand slid to the scabbard on the back of his belt, where his dagger was. He let his index finger idly travel along the ornamented handle. It would be a long walk through this dead land, and very uneventful walk from the looks of it…

And after a hour of walking he saw it, the ruined city of Farch Reach begining to tower against the endless red horizon. He picked up the phase and it was not long before he reached the outskirts of this destroyed city. Around him empty homes could be seen, the houses of varying sizes having been torn to pieces, the wood and stone worn down by time. It was much like walking through a ghost town, or rather this was a definition of it.

Riel raised his right hand in front of him and focused, his fingertips began to glow a intense green as he began to write a glyph in mid air, and as sudden as the glyph had appeared it began to form into a fist sized green ball and with a sparkle of power it turned into a glowing eye. “Xhinii, search the area for me while I make some preparations” Riel said and Xhinii instantly made her way into the sky to scout the area. If everyone were that obedient then he would not even have had to go through some of the things which he had done.

He moved his left hand into a pouch in his belt and carefully he picked up a red gem, oval in shape and the inside of it seemed to pulsate weakly with an inner glow. He raised the gem over his head, held tightly in his hand, then he closed his eyes and focused his energy into it, suddenly the gem began to glow, and the light from it just kept on getting stronger, it was like Riel was holding a small super nova in his hand. The air around Riel suddenly began to distort and mirage and out of what seemed like thin air green threads began to form and it appeared the glowing gem was sucking these threads into its very core.

Then with a deep ‘poof’ the light died out, Riel lowered the gem and watched it as it laid in his palm, the inner glow of the gem were now green and pulsating. He chuckled a little, only five more of these to fill he thought to himself with a pained expression on his face, he repeated the procedure with the rest of his gems. These red gems where carriers of chaos energy, gems which he could use to draw upon the chaotic powers of the rift without having to drain his powers. He was quite relieved that the gems still worked at this distance from the rift, yet it was something he had been counting on. He pocketed the ‘phials’, as they were called by the Magisto, and continued to make his way towards the city walls…

With a small swoosh Xhinii leveled with his head and set herself on his shoulder “What did you see Xhinii?” Riel asked as he moved his right hand up to scratch the orb like eye with his clawed index finger, a rush of images suddenly blurred through his head as he took in what Xhinii had seen from far above. He blinked a few times “So there are creatures inside the city?” He pondered to himself, from such a height it was hard to determine exactly what they where. Though he was certain no civilized creatures of Targon had a habit to live in the ruined cities, unless they were exiles or homeless…

He frowned a little at the thought that he might have to fight his way through the city, and at the same time search for a crystal that could be anything from a small pearl to a towering pillar in size. But he was lucky that he had taken some time to inspect the city, since it had been bothersome for him if he had been ambushed…

It’s never easy… Is it?” He asked Xhinii with a sigh, Xhinii just wobbled on his shoulder happily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Krobon

Krobon

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: The shard of the Nexus.   The shard of the Nexus. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 1:26 am

There they were on the barren wastelands that lay on this side of the Rift, in truth it didn't matter whether they were on Pratos or Targon because they had never gotten outside the destruction of the rift. "Can you feel it Genrix?" Krobon said in a heavy and impatient voice, his face not even turning to look as he barged onward through the barren land, his steps making the earth shiver and shake slightly with every ongoing movement. "The source of energy seems to be in that direction" He said as he pointed in the north eastern direction with one of his whip like appendages. Zephyr at that moment had already rushed to the front to Krobon and was rather pouncy at the idea of being the one to investigate. "So! What do you think, can i go ahead? Check it out ya know.. I mean that's what i'm good at.. Checking things out, so lemme do it! Come on.. You can let me do it right?" He said in his immensly hyperactive tone of voice, at first Krobon said nothing and just moved towards the direction Genrix gave him but as time went on, so did Zephyr's continuous jabbering about his wishes. At a certain point however Krobon's hand reached out towards Zephyr and pulled him close. "If you want to go on ahead then move but if you ask one more time i will grab you by that cute little tail of yours and slingshot you to the other side of the Rift and back." With that Zephyr broke loose from Krobon's grip and spurted forward, dissappearing as he camouflaged himself.

Krezerb at that moment found it appropriate to comment on the situation by saying "Perhaps we should have waited till we are closer to the source." Which landed a snappy reply from Krobon "Do you want to join him? Because if you do i suggest you start running before i get my hands on you" It showed that he was getting increasingly agitated by the situation as he was hunting something that might not even be that useful. "Are you sure we can actually use this thing Genrix?"

Genrix at this moment pondered the situation as he looked ahead, they were closing in on what seemed to be the ruins of a city. "I believe so indeed, this source emits powerful energies that could be used to strengthening ourselves.. Or rather you." In the end this group revolved around the leader, if he became one of the four then they would rise immensly in status as well. This was the way of the Kray and though they were still young they had proven to be quite a force in their society.

After a few more hours of walking they finally arrived at the ruined city. This is where Zephyr came running in to the group speaking about a hundred things at once. "I have many things to report, strange little mutants roam here and there was a floating eyeball and a strange man and weird energy and more strange mutants and" Zephyr spoke untill he absolutely had to stop to take a breath, this moment however was used by Thancruz to make his own desires clear. "I suggest you start making sense you annoying prick or i will be using you as a living shield for any creature you did not give correct information about." Zephyr gulped for a moment and then grinned. "The man seems to be Magisto, though he seems mutated or something, it's a bit uncanny if you ask me. There is also a large amount of mutants that seem to inhabit this place, nothing to be afraid of as they are just Krakken.." Thancruz looked to MAktar and then to Krobon "I think we should bombard this place, if the energy source is so strong then i'm sure it will be fine." Genrix however seemed to think differently of this. "I believe the best course of action is to let Krezerb put a shield around the entire city and let Thancruz have his way at cutting these beasts and chasing them out in to the open and once they are then Maktar can get a clear shot and blow them away, we can gather them up. I suggest Zephyr assists Thancruz and our leader stays with Krezerb and Maktar whilst i get an overhead view and use the electricity in the air to round them up in to one place in the open as to save ammunition."

Krobon just nodded as they let the plan go in to action, First Krezerb put up the shield, whilst Thancruz and Zephyr moved in to get all the mutants out in to the open. The electricity in the air started rising as Genrix sparked the Krakken in to one place, keeping them there. Thancruz and Zephyr seemed to have little problem taking care of the Krakken as his high frequence blades and the speed of Zephyr having his back seemed to be the perfect team for this job. All the while Krobon was merely watching the ordeal, he did not wish to use his strength if it was not worth the effort. The only thing he was watching for was to make sure the Magisto didn't try anything, even though they were allies.... Even allies hold those that cannot be trusted.
Back to top Go down
Riel

Riel

PostSubject: Re: The shard of the Nexus.   The shard of the Nexus. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:23 am

Riel had reached one of the large gates into the city and he were idly inspecting the large rusted gate which blocked his entry into the core of the city, yet some parts of the city walls had broken down, this would probably be his way into this capital. “Kray” said a faint voice in his head and he looked to Xhinii “Hidden Kray… By the broken house” Riel nodded idly and placed his hand upon the gate, letting his clawed fingers slide along the aged metal encased wood.

Bringing this gate down would not be as bothersome as walking along the city wall searching for other entrances. Riel placed his palm firmly against the gate and then he closed his eyes, focusing his energies into his hand, then through the hand into the gate itself. A large yellow circle formed from his hand and grew until it had covered a large portion of the gate. Riel opened his eyes widely and for a moment a greenish energy flowed from them, and at the same time a large area of the gate got blasted to shrapnel by an unseen force. Riel chuckled as he shook his hand idly, some idle trails of green smoke still lingering around his hand.

As he walked through the crashed gate into the city he tilted his head to Xhinii and said “Check on the Kray for me love… I do want to know what they are here for…” Riel didn’t know what these Krays purpose where, but he was determined that he would not let them risk his operation inside the city. Xhinii flew into the air and out of sight, and Riel lowered his eyes to the ground, firstly it looked like a couple of meaty bags laying on the ground, then as he tilted his head and looked closer he realized his destruction of the gate had caught some of the creatures that resided inside this city, and filled them with pieces of city gate. He quirked a brow “Krakken” these mutants might not be dangerous to a Magisto in small numbers, yet when they began to mobilize and swarm… Riel made a mental note to himself that he would use caution while he where inside the city.

The city itself was built like a giant ghetto with high houses and narrow streets and alley ways spreading out in all directions, most of the tops of the buildings had fallen together to form a sort of dome like effect which casted an ominous shade over the streets. Small streaks of sun made its way trough the cracks in the buildings, like pillars of light, with dust endlessly dancing in their warmth. He let his eyes slide over the many passageways and he sighed, it was going to be bothersome to search through this entire mazelike city. “Its never easy” He said to himself with a chuckle and began to walk along a wider road which led towards what seemed like the center of the city.

Far away in the distance he could see a tower shooting up through the masses of fallen buildings, which was the most probable location for him to start out his search.

He had walked for about ten minutes when he encountered the first Krakken, they came out of an alleyway only meters in front of Riel. With a flash Riel had unsheathed his sword and made his way to the Krakken, with a couple of gracious slashes he had taken down these mutants, they were too surprised to put up something similar to a fight.

Suddenly the ground began to shake and what sounded like a thousand feet slamming to the streets broke the deathly silence of this ghost town. Quickly Riel sheathed his sword and slid into a open door to hide inside a broken building. As sudden as the sound had came a vast number of Krakken stormed past the windows of the house, all seeming in a sort of frenzy. Riel was sure he could handle them even at this vast quantity, yet it would require him to call upon the pact, and he could not afford to do such until he had found the artifact, or the situation ‘really’ needed it. “Kray killing the Krakken outside city walls” Xhinii’s voice echoed into Riel’s mind. Why would the Kray assault these mutants? Was it some sort of expansion plan of their elusive overlord? Or yet another war which had escaped Riel’s attention...

He had no time to ponder upon this and as the giant crowd of Krakken had passed he walked out of the house and resumed his walk towards the towering structure in the centre of the city, yet the closer he came the more he realized that it was no tower, but a giant cathedral, built to appease some forgotten god surely.
Back to top Go down
Krobon

Krobon

PostSubject: Re: The shard of the Nexus.   The shard of the Nexus. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 12:29 pm

The Krakken were gathered and this was where the plan got more interesting, Krobon stepped forward and shouted orders. "Now Maktar!" Krobon turned his head to look upon Genrix in the sky whilst Maktar shot the liquid from his arms on to the Krakken soon after letting 10 missiles go straight for their targets. The creatures couldn't go anywhere as a wall of electricity now surrounded them. Krobon stepped forward in to the electrical field as Krakken were dying in the groups left and right. However there were still many more of them and thus Krobon took the electric field and started charging himself for about a minute or two, taking quite a bit untill from his mouth a gargantuan blast of energy was let out, litterally wiping away the rest of the Krakken.

"Zephyr, keep searching fo any remaining mutants. Thancruz, stay with Maktar and protect Krezerb. Genrix you come with me." Genrix flowed down from the sky as the electrical field faded and they walked towards the giant cathedral.

"Sir" Genrix said, Krobon halting as he turned to look towards him. "This is where the source of power seems to eminate from. "Good, i will keep the Magisto busy, you warn Zephyr and go look for the source quickly.. I believe we might not be the only ones that are here for this reason."

"As you wish." Genrix said and moved off to where Zephyr was last seen.

Krobon however moved towards the Magisto, his heavy steps trembling the earth slightly with his gargantuan amount of weight. "You, what are you here for?" He said with a rather disdainful tone of voice, he wasn't about to let some Magisto come in and get what he came for, not after the effort they spent wiping out these Krakken as fast as possible.

Meanwhile, Genrix was walking through the underground corridors looking for Zephyr when suddenly out of the corner something pounced him and immediatly backed off, the creature was trapped in Genrix his tentacles by now as it started to laugh, recognizing the creature as Zephyr.

"What are you doing you fool" Genrix spoke with a high amount of irritation in his voice. "Everything seems to be cleared out, i can't find any mutants." Genrix had already started to walk towards the exit without listening to Zephyr's entire statement. "Come, we have to get the source of power whilst Krobon keeps the Magisto busy, we need to do it fast and silently." Zephyr merely replied with a quick confirmation and followed as they headed towards the back of the cathedral, Zephyr camouflaged himself and quickly but quietly pierced the glass and entered, Genrix keeping the lookout.

Meanwhile the shield was still up around the village as the underground tunnels had a farther reach then the actual town, so once it was released other Krakken would enter. "How long do we need to wait here Thancruz?" Maktar spoke with impatience "As long as we need to, if you don't like it then take it up with Krobon." Maktar just laughed slightly nervously as going against what Krobon said was a bad idea in general. "I can feel the creatures trying to get through the shield.. Their powers are rather weak" Krezerb said in a calm tone of voice.

The Kray under the leadership of Krobon were very well organized and even with a small team like this they could handle great forced simply because of the excellent combination of powers.
Back to top Go down
Riel

Riel

PostSubject: Re: The shard of the Nexus.   The shard of the Nexus. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:39 pm

Riel’s attention was directed fully at the giant cathedral, the tower was in a strangely good condition compared to the ruined houses around it. As if something had attempted to shield it from the powers of nature, and the decay which time brought about to everything.

Suddenly the ground rumbled and out of seemingly nowhere a gargantuan Kray walked out in front of Riel. He could not help to curse himself in his mind; this was no time to ponder upon towers and their ability to look better then their surroundings. The Kray spoke “You, what are you here for?" Riel didn’t stop walking as he answered in his distanced tone "I'm here, it doesn’t get any more complicated then that"

As he were close to passing the Kray, it extended its giant hand to block his path. "Go away Magisto, here is none of your business so I suggest you move elsewhere" The Kray spoke and Riel could not help to feel a modest sting of irritation, "Whatever your intentions are Kray, I will not be in the way of them, so-" Riel attempted to walk around the extended arm "I suggest we will both be on our way with what we are meant to do” Riel said impatiently with tone in his voice which almost betrayed his impatience, "You are here for the source of power emanating from this city are you not? You can take whatever you want after we are done, so sit tight and wait" The Kray said.

Riel chuckled a little, and for the first time he let his eyes move over the form of the gargantuan Kray, a small sparkle of interest showing on his features, then Riel said "I do not wait” Which was true, he had no time to idle about while it seemed there were a pack of Kray here with the same goal as himself, "That is unfortunate, you would not want to start a war with the Kray now do you? You hold no power on this plane Magisto, the wastes are Kray area.. So i suggest you get used to the idea of waiting” The Kray now said and Riel was a little surprised at the way this Kray talked, he had always imagined the Kray as quite mindless creatures which fought to appease some enigmatic ‘demi-god’.

Yet this threat made by the Kray was not something which bothered Riel "You hold no power with the Kray, not enough to start a war at any rate, all of you pawns are but pieces, thrown about to se how they land.." Riel stopped and turned fully to the Kray "And I, hold no power with the Magisto, not anymore" He said with honesty in his voice, as this was the truth, as painful as it was to admit. "What do you know of me.. What do you know of the Kray, Magisto" The Kray said and Riel knew he had out maneuvered the threat made by the Kray, yet he felt more and more that he had no more time to waste on this conversation.

"I know that both you and me waste time talking, or maybe you are buying time, considering-" Riels eyes moved over to the cathedral for a moment "They won't find it.. I can, but I would doubt they could." Riel began making his way from the Kray again, headed towards the cathedral, "We have spilled enough words, now is a time action” Riel took a little pause and then added “or silence maybe?"

The Kray stomped the ground with an immense force making the buildings shake and shiver, some fall apart and others just shake violently. "You will give us the time needed, if we can't find it then what are you so impatient for Magisto” The Kray said after the aftermath of his powerful stomp had settled, Riel sighed "If something was within your grasp, something you really needed, would you linger Kray? I think not" Riel looked to his right hand for a moment before he sighed "Will you stop me by force Kray, or will you let me pass?"

The Kray didn’t look like he was either going to attack Riel, nor let him get to the cathedral "Let's trade then, what would you give to pass without a problem." The Kray said and Riel quirked a brow “Give… I can promise I won’t bring you, or your allies, any harm unless you do not engage me first” Riel meant fully what he said, and with the tone he used he made sure the Kray also realized this, yet the Kray simply answered "That won't cut it" with a slightly angered tone to his deep voice, this reaction the Kray gave made him, for a second, forget what he was there for.

He turned to the Kray with an interested expression on his face "Really? How about I grant you all a power that would surpass what the Nexus shard would bring you, in return I get the shard?" Riel had taken a chance, and judging by the next few answers he would know if combat would be required. "Tell me more about this power” The Kray said and Riel’s posture loosened up a little, he had caught the creature’s attention and averted what seemed to had been a quite hostile situation.

"I am sure you Kray know of the Magistos ability to grant objects and creatures magical properties?" paused a little to make his words sink in “I will inscribe some of my power onto anything you, and your band of Kray, point at." Riel knew it would drain him to perform this kind of work, yet since he was close to the veil it would not compromise his strength, "And what does this power do?" the Kray said and something about him betrayed that he was eager to get his hands on power, no matter what was needed, Riel realized for a moment that they were both quite alike, since he also searched for power.

"It brings chaos onto the ones which you attack, causing severe injury were there would only had been a scar, a blood bath out of the most shallow of cuts, it might also grant you defense like no shield or armor you've ever seen." Riel explained to the Kray, who answered "Give it to all of us and you have a deal”.

"Deal" Riel said in a neutral tone, crossing his arms over his chest for a moment as he sized up the giant Kray, determining how much force he would need to use in order to successfully inscribe them. "Maktar, Genrix, Zephyr, Krezerb and Thancruz.. Get over here." The giant Kray commanded loudly, and within moments the group of Kray had assembled.

Riel let his eyes travel over each of them in a obviously calculating manner, he now knew it was wise of him to take this course of action, seeing as it would have turned complicated to fight them all... "I will grant you all either offense or defense, since both inscriptions cannot exist on anyone at the same time.." Riel tilted his head to the side as Xhinii landed on his shoulder and whispered into his mind “The Nexus Gem is at the top of the tower… Alone to be fetched by master” Xhinii wobbled happily on his shoulder and he raised his right hand up to scratch the eye with his clawed index. The leading Kray commanded his followers to state what they wished to have inscribed upon themselves and Riel listened to their wishes. The band of Kray seemed to be very organized, yet they all had their own personality and traits which made them quite, unique.

As they had finally settled on what they wanted Riel moved his right hand into his pocket and picked up one of the red gems, he switched the gem to his left hand then he began to focus, it would require a lot of power from him to inscribe them all at once, yet he was certain it was not beyond his capabilities. He closed his eyes and began to chant silently to himself, he stood silent for several minutes, merely chanting with the red gem held rightly in his left hands grip.

Then suddenly his eyes burst open and a powerful green glow began to shine from them, and the red gem began to pulsate and flicker erratically, Riel’s chanting grew in power and his tone got much more ethereal, leaving no doubt that he was performing magic on a level which held a almost scary amount of power. He raised his left hand into the air as he uttered the final words of his chant, then he pointed his right hand at the Kray, his index finger beginning to glow as he moved it about graciously, writing green glowing runes into mid air in front of himself, slowly a green trail began to find itself from the core of the gem, down to Riel’s right hand.

Within seconds the Krays where encased in a green field of power, then their bodies began to get a greenish glow as the runes Riel had scribed into the air dethatched themselves and flew into the field to then rest upon the Kray. The air around Riel began to rip at his clothing as he began chanting again, this time with such strength to his voice that it echoed out into the barren wastelands in an eerily ethereal tone. Then suddenly all the lights faded and the world returned to normal, only betraying what had happened there seconds earlier with small streaks of greenish smoke which arose from Riel’s hands and the runes which had etched themselves in the Kray.

Riel sighed and pocketed the red gem again, the glow of his eyes flickered out. For a moment he staggered to the side, but then as he regained his balance it seemed he had recovered fully, betraying no signs of weakness. “The runes needs to be activated by you when you need to draw upon their powers” Riel looked them all over with a serious expression on his face “They aren’t there to be messed with, so I discourage you to try and alter or empower these inscriptions on your own” He turned his back on the Kray and began to walk towards the tower, "The activation word is the first word you speak now, so chose it carefully” Riel chuckled for a moment, then suddenly a green powerful blast emanated from his body and it seemed as if he had shot himself into the air, flying towards the top of the Cathedral with great speed, his body being a blur of black and red….

He had activated his pact, he had lingered to long and reaching the top of the tower was all that mattered now… Leaving the Kray on the ground in the small shower of dirt which had blasted from him as he had began to fly.

( Conversation performed on the MSN, brain trauma atm so the post might be a little.. quirky.. )
Back to top Go down
Riel

Riel

PostSubject: Re: The shard of the Nexus.   The shard of the Nexus. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 11:09 pm

Riel was flying towards the tower quickly; his destination was a large round window which was facing out towards the city, almost at the top of the tower. He looked back at the small specs on the grounds which were the Kray, for a moment he chuckled and imagined what their reaction had been to his sudden leap into the air. Then he shook his head, the gargantuan sized leader would probably have grasped him by the wings and bashed him to pulp if he had had the chance, seeing as he had showered them in sand and debris as he had taken of into the sky. He looked up at the window and for a moment he thought he saw something moving behind it, and also something had been caught by the rays of the sun, a sort of metallic shimmering…

With a great crash he flew right through the window, and in the midst of the showering glass he saw it, five blackened shapes which moved towards him instantly with long crooked swords held at the ready. While he still was in the air Riel pulled out his sword and spun around to meet one of the creature’s swords, and at the same time the three of the long metallic spines which emerged from in between his wings flew out to impale another of the shapes. He grinned widely to bare his fangs slightly, ‘shadow entities’ these creatures were known to live inside the veil, where they prayed on other entities. Riel landed heavily on the ground in the middle of the room, which were formed like a large dome, from where Riel stood to the walls it was at least four meters (13 feet). With a quite hungry grin Riel turned around to face the remaining four entities.

--o--
Shadow entities looks like pitch black humanoids which are often wrapped in bandages, which carry the same color as their skin, these bandages works as protection for their bodies, as they can not stand being in sunlight for to long. That is why they preferred the veil, since there is no sun there.
--o--

The entities had begun to try and flank him, two coming from each side of him and the other two charging directly at him. With an almost effortless motion Riel jumped into the air, at the same time he closed his eyes and focused, and then as he opened his eyes which glowed an intense green. He pointed his left hand at the entities which came charging from the front. Suddenly it was as if the time stopped and all the entities looked up at Riel, seeing his grin widen enough to show his array of sharp teeth. Riel pointed his index finger at the leftmost entity and suddenly it had been impaled by what looked like a red glowing spear, the very force of the spear threw the entity backwards into the wall of the dome, and with a loud explosion all that where left was a gaping hole. Riel spun around in the air so that he landed kneeled, with his back close to the broken window.

The entities seemed a little discouraged by seeing their comrade being destroyed, yet it did not cause them to lay down their attack, and yet again they came charging at him. Riel extended his long blackened wings to show of their impressive two meter span. Then he flapped those wings forwards forcefully, causing a powerful wind to blast at the entities, and amidst this wind thousand sparkling shards of glass sprayed into their bodies. The entities loosed their footing and flew backwards through the dome. Riel looked up towards them and quickly he sheathed his sword and moves both his hands together to stand in a sort of ‘praying’ position with his eyes focused upon the blackened forms which where still flying backwards. A look of deep concentration shot across his face for a moment then he uttered one word which were powerful enough to send a ethereal sort of echo out through the dome, “Evasto!” and as that word where spoken all the entities were sucked together into a bundle in mid air before their bodies exploded into a cloud of black smoke and shredded pieced of bandages.

Riel stood up and let his eyes slide across the room quickly, it seemed it had only been five of these entities. He gave a relieved sigh and idly brushed a clawed hand through his hair. Something had caught his eye inside this dome and he looked upon it, it was a pedestal that stood at the far end of the dome, upon this pedestal a single figurine stood. The figurine portrayed a robed woman who held an orb over her head. Was that the nexus crystal? He shrugged and made his way over to the figurine. It seemed to have been made out of a blue glasslike material, yet he could not see the wall through it, instead there seemed to be showing something else… A woman which were standing behind him? He looked a little surprised before he heard a woman’s voice speak behind him “Hello Riel” and with that he spun around quickly. The woman was clothed in an immaculately white garment; a hood covered the top of her face so that he could only see her mouth and part of her neck. Her skin was so pale that it gave of a weak glow in contrast to the rays of light which beamed through the broken window behind her.

Who are you?” Riel asked as he moved his right hand back to grasp the figurine, he was sure as hell not going to loose it now that he had found it. “I am in your hand” the woman said with a small laugh, her voice was calm and it carried with it something that made Riel feel oddly at ease. “So you are connected to this nexus shard?” Riel asked the woman, which nodded “I am the shard, yet I am more then that… As you now see” She walked up so she were only standing a meter from him “It has been so long since I saw a Magisto, so long since I saw their foul shapes as they gave into the pact” she said in the same calm tone. Riel gave an idle nod of his head, to then chuckle “And it has been a while since I saw a woman connected to a shard, does this mean that I have to take you along as well?” The humor in Riel’s tone made the woman smile in a serene fashion, “You wish to enter the City of Mirrors and that is why you have been hunting for so long, never idle… Always moving…” She said in a way that made it sound as if she was reading the words she spoke from somewhere on his body “So much chaos moves about you, I have never seen a Magisto who has fallen so deep within the pact” Riel blinked a few times “How- How do you know I want to enter the City?” He moved a little closer to the woman, yet his imposing figure did not seem to make her sway in the least. “I know a lot about you now that you have held me within your hand, Riel” She said his name in such a manner that it sounded like she and him had known each other for ages. “I know how you can obtain your goal Riel... I know much you see” She smiled serenely “If you accept me, I will show you the way into the City, and more then that… Oh so much more, Riel

Riel could not help to grin, he did not know why but he felt he had stumbled upon something much more valuable then a ‘simple’ nexus shard. ‘A way into the City of Mirrors, Riel this is too good to be true… Remember, it’s NEVER easy’ he reminded himself in his mind, and the woman’s smile widened ‘Hells, are you in my head as well?’ he asked in his mind and she gave a slight nod. “I accept you shard woman” He said dismissively and looked to the small figurine in his hand. “Then it is settled” She said and took a step forwards with her arms out, then she embraced him and a rush of warmth shot through his body. Then they were both engulfed in light for a moment, which felt like ages for Riel.

As the light faded Riel fell down to his knees breathing heavily. It felt as if all his energy had been drained right out of him then returned in a second, the feeling of this was unnerving. He looked around and he saw no trace of the woman or the figurine which he had been holding. He instinctively looked down to his chest and he blinked a few times in surprise, upon his torso a brand new set of tattoos showed in the shape of a woman with wide wings shooting out from behind her, the tattoo carried a distinct tribal pattern to, being deep red in color. “You need to travel to the city now known as New Haven, there underneath the city you will find the first piece of what you need to get what you desire the most… Take the largest Kray with you, it is vital that he follows” The woman’s voice echoed through his mind, “This better be worth it” he said to himself as he stood up and made his way across the dome quickly, throwing himself into the air. His wide wings spreading out as he dived towards the group of Kray, descending upon them at a startling speed.

Riel landed heavily upon the ground in a cloud of smoke and debris, without wasting any time Riel quickly made his way towards the largest Kray “I forgot to add to your inscription Kray” he said and placed a hand upon the gargantuan Kray’s right arm. Then he closed his eyes and sighed, ‘this is going to bring me so many problems…’ he thought, then a powerful red flash both the Kray and Riel disappeared into mid air, leaving the remaining Kray to look surprised…

They emerged on a field, next to a giant wall which held within it the city of New Haven.
Back to top Go down
Krobon

Krobon

PostSubject: Re: The shard of the Nexus.   The shard of the Nexus. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:08 pm

"This is interesting..." Genrix said to the group as he looked over his body, covered in runes. They were momentarilly busy with studying themselves before Krobon called for the attention of everyone. "Our next stop will be the rift, i want to get started on wiping out the competition. I do not have any time to waste if we are to attract the attention of the Overlord."

The Kray nodded and it was at that moment that they looked up and within a flash of a moment Krobon had dissappeared with what seemed to be the Magisto. The Kray could not sense their Leader and it was then that they started searching. Meanwhile outside the walls of New Haven there he stood. Krobon did not think twice as he charged the Magisto and tried to force him down to the ground. "You dare bring me to this place without even as much as asking?" It seemed Krobon had not quite heard that he said his markings were not finished.

They seemed to be out of sigh of the guards for the moment being but that would soon change. In this moment of silence one of the guards took notice and started ringing the bells, he believed that a mutant was attacking a Targon resident and it was soon after that bows were manned upon the wall. They did not wait for even a moment after they were ready to aim and fire, however the arrows merely flicked off the giant Kray's armour and thick muscled exterior.

Krobon knew that this was a moment where either he would have to slaughter an entire city, which would be neigh impossible for any single creature.. Or he had to show a sign of intelligence for now. "I have no qualms with you people, i am not a simple mutant that stalks your plains. The Guards looked shocked at the fact that he spoke, no mutant had ever spoken before or show such intelligence. "Let the man go" The Guard captain said with determination in his voice. At this point Krobon chose that the better option would be to see where this went, he had not idea where he was and no idea whom his enemies were.

"Very well" He said with a slight sign of discontent in his voice, standing up straight and letting go of the Magisto. "Now what?" He said as he looked towards the Captain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The shard of the Nexus.   The shard of the Nexus. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The shard of the Nexus.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow Twilight :: IC Forum :: The Rift-
Jump to: